Erfahrungen mit dem Viessmann Vitotwin 300-W

• Try to switch off your Vitotwin for a while

alizadeh, before you do anything drastic such as switching off the Vitotwin (which should anyway never be done while the Stirling is running!), you should check if the remote control works at all, e.g. if it shows electric power ("Leistung") or any temperatures when repeatedly pushing the "i" button.

If the remote does not work, first thing is indeed to

check the batteries in your remote control

In order to do that you probably have to remove the batteries. If I were you I would change them in any case. After that, you have to re-initiate the radio connection according to the manual "Funk-Fernbedienung" (page 7/8, resp. 9/10 if you have a radio repeater installed). It's less complicated than it looks - if you don't have German enough to understand the instructions in the manual, maybe a friend can help you.

The manual describes also a testing procedure for the quality of the connection (page 9 resp. 11). I have never tried that, but it may show you if you have a poor connection.

If the remote DOES work but the default 85 remains, the Vitotwin manual recommends a restart (for the remote, not for the Vitotwin): On your remote control, switch to the "Funk" menu, scroll to Code 140 "Alle Geräte löschen", scroll to "ja" and push "OK". This cuts off the (probably faulty) radio connection between Vitotwin and remote. After that you have to re-initiate the connection as described above.

If these measures don't work, you should directly call the company that has installed your Vitotwin. There may be a faulty contact or wire connection between the Vitotwin and the sender, or maybe it's the sender itself, but you can't check that yourself.

If you have any questions about this or any other fault, please don't hesitate to contact the Forum again.

Good luck,
    Sailor

Viessmann Vitotwin 300-W (1 kWel, 6 kWth) seit 2012

PV-Anlage 8,45 kWp (65 x Solarworld SW 130poly Ost/Süd/West, SMA 5000 TL und 3000) seit 2010

Solarthermie Viessmann Vitosol 300 Vakuumröhren 13,8 qm (Vorgänger Flachkollektoren 14 qm 2004-2021, davor 8 qm 1979-2003)

• at first i have to say thanks for your help and response
    then, i should say something obvious
    i have bought this mchp to do some test for my PhD thesis
    because i want to install it outside of germany, company can't install it.
    but i want to install it step by step.
    in this step i want to switch on only "Zusatzbrenner"
    i solve my last difficulty but it doesn't start yet.
    display shows " status Brenner Aus"
    what should i do?
    are there any valve inside the vitotwin, that, i have to open it?

• display shows " status Brenner Aus"
    what should i do?
    are there any valve inside the vitotwin, that, i have to open it?

If the Vitotwin was installed properly (i.e., exactly according to the manual "Montage- und Serviceanleitung"), everything inside should be ready for function. If any valves have to be opened before starting it, this is mentioned in the manual. Of course, nobody in this Forum can tell if some mistake or omission may have happened during the installation of your Vitotwin.

(By the way: Proper installation of a Vitotwin is not exactly something for beginners, even if they are engineers. Here in Germany, even a certified heating installation master has to absolve a special installation and service course at Viessmann in order to be allowed to install and service a Vitotwin.)

Anyway: Did you check menu "status", especially code 8016 - maybe also code 8018 (both level F1)? What do they say?

PV-Anlage 8,45 kWp (65 x Solarworld SW 130poly Ost/Süd/West, SMA 5000 TL und 3000) seit 2010

Solarthermie Viessmann Vitosol 300 Vakuumröhren 13,8 qm (Vorgänger Flachkollektoren 14 qm 2004-2021, davor 8 qm 1979-2003)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von sailor773 ()

• thanks again for your help
    i checked "status"
    but both of them was "standby"
    and then "„261: Flam'-ausfall Stirl'br“" was appeared
    what should i do now? :(

• Fault 261 means that in the indicated burner (in this case the stirling) no flame is formed during five subsequent starting attempts. Possible causes are mentioned in the manual under "261": Faulty gas or air supply; starter electrodes etc.

If this happens the absolutely first time you try to start the Vitotwin, the most likely reason is "not enough gas" (remaining air in the gas pipe). Switch it off and start again (this will take some time for re-initiating). With our Vitotwin we had the same problem and solved it this way. If this does not work, there is a real fault and you have to check the possible causes according to the manual.

• i solved other my problem with your consultant,
    but the status brenner is AUS
    i am not sure but after that i checked "stichtagwerte" all of them was "---" instead of stichtag ;01.01"
    for example 9104 was "---"
    is it necessary to fill this DATUM?
    or can i do that?
    where can i change it?

• i am not sure but after that i checked "stichtagwerte" all of them was "---" instead of stichtag ;01.01"
    for example 9104 was "---"

The display "Stichtagswerte" shows the monthly and yearly gas consumption of the Stirling between two dates set (usually end or beginning of each month resp. year). Under code 9100 you can check if a "Stichtag" has been set: It should show "01.01."; if it doesn't, you should dial in "01.01." under this code. All other dates are then set automatically.

I understand from your former post that your Vitotwin is not operated in Germany. In this case these "Stichtagswerte" are meaningless for you (in Germany we use these figures to apply for a gas tax reduction on the gas consumed by the Stirling). As far as I know, the "Stichtagswert" is a pure display and has no influence on the function of the Vitotwin. I would recommend you to dial it in anyway, just to be sure.

The fact that the Status Brenner is AUS may have dozens of reasons. Most likely it has nothing to do with the display "Stichtagswerte". However, there is a fair chance that under codes 8015 to 8018 (level F1) it shows you why it's AUS.

Just saw your last post. This display after switching on is normal. The unit needs some time (10-15 minutes according to my recollection) to initiate its electronics. Just wait and give it the necessary time to get organized.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von sailor773 () aus folgendem Grund: Antwort für Zusatz-Post eingefügt

• which parameter is not correct?

The main "uncorrect" parameter is Code 8005: It shows that the Vitotwin is "manually blocked". Code 8019 gives as reason "Erzeuger-Sperre", but it says not where or why, or how it can be unblocked. This is a matter for a (Viessmann) professional.

Another critical parameter seems to be Code 8020, which indicates that the electrical grid parameters are not correct. This has to be addressed in order to get the Stirling to run (you should check especially if the country-specific grid codes are in the right position for your country). It is probably not the reason for the main blockage, but it's mandatory to fix it before attempting to start the Stirling.

Alizadeh, I'm realizing that this discussion goes far beyond my limits :S. What you obviously need is a professional who helps you to put your Vitotwin in operation. At our house, this was done by a Viessmann service engineer with a computer and a special software. I do not think this can be done by non-professionals through remote diagnosis. I am convinced that you need professional help. Thus I'm sorry, but please understand that I can not help you any further and will therefore withdraw from this discussion.

Good luck,
    Sailor

• hi BHKW users
    do you know, what happened, if the pressure is more than permissible pressure?
    our system has some problem, sometimes it's pressure rich to 2 bar?
    the valve stop it or ....?
    thenks

• do you know, what happened, if the pressure is more than permissible pressure?
    our system has some problem, sometimes it's pressure rich to 2 bar?

2 bar is still OK, but pressure should not get much higher. Anyway: Why do you have problems with shifting pressure, didn't you install an expansion vessel?

• at first, thanks for your help and consultant
    finally, my chp started :)
    i noticed that, the vgu8 gas valve is so sensitive to pressure
    our system has pressure fluctuation that sometimes reach to 2 bar
    but this valve blocked, when the pressure is more than 300 mbar (0.3 bar)
    but after that the burner is on, it can work in so high pressure.
    it has to safety valve that the first one is blocked when the inlet pressure is so high
    at end, thanks again for useful FORUM :thankyou:
    because of a big effort to solve my problem, i think, i can help others a little
    regard
    alizade